Desktop notifications are one of the most effective features of modern browsers. They show the previews of email, instant messages, or even football scores, and also letting you take a quick glance at updates without leaving the work you are doing. However, this could get a little bit overwhelming, particularly when it includes spam and advertisements. If too many websites have begun to send the notifications, or if you would like to shut out all the noise, you should have to disable Google Chrome notifications. Thus doing is pretty simple:
- First, open the Google Chrome Settings page. You can type the chrome://settings within the address bar and hit Enter or click on the hamburger icon at the top right > Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Show advanced settings.
- Then under Privacy, click on Content settings…
Recommended: How to Transfer Bookmarks from Safari to Chrome
- Then after scroll down to Notifications.
- Choose the Do not allow any site to show desktop notifications.
- If you wish to permit few websites to show notifications, you can then click on Ask when a site wants to show desktop notifications. Currently, sites will show notifications only if you allow them to.
- Click on Manage exceptions… to visualize the list of websites that you have granted permission for notifications. Click the X to the right of any of those URLs to prevent the site from sending notifications.
This technique eliminates the desktop notifications from websites. However, an app or extension will still send notifications. To disable notifications from individual Chrome apps or extensions, follow these steps.
Recommended: How to See Saved Passwords in Google chrome Browser
Windows 7 and 8:
1) First, tap Windows key + D or go to the desktop.
2) Left-click the bell-shaped Chrome Notifications icon within the notifications bar which is at the bottom-right of the screen. If it is not there, then click the up arrow icon at the beginning of the notifications bar. Once you see the bell, then left-click on it.
3) Click on the gear icon
4) Then uncheck apps or extensions that you simply don’t want notifications from.
Hiding the icon for windows:
1)Find your taskbar. Then click the system tray (up arrow).
2) Select the Customize
3) Then select the “Hide icon and notifications” for the Chrome icon behavior. This may make the icon appear within the overflow space of the system receptacle.
Hiding the Icon for Mac:
1) Click on “Chrome” within the top menu bar of your window.
2) Then choose the “Hide Notifications Icon”. Here after this box is checked, then the notifications icon will be removed from your top menu bar.